Measuringmeas•ure (mezh′ər),USA pronunciation n., v., -ured, -ur•ing.
- a unit or standard of measurement: weights and measures.
- a system of measurement: liquid measure.
- an instrument, as a graduated rod or a container of standard capacity, for measuring.
- the extent, dimensions, quantity, etc., of something, ascertained esp. by comparison with a standard: to take the measure of a thing.
- the act or process of ascertaining the extent, dimensions, or quantity of something;
- a definite or known quantity measured out: to drink a measure of wine.
- any standard of comparison, estimation, or judgment.
- a quantity, degree, or proportion: in large measure.
- a moderate amount: to live with a measure of enjoyment.
- a limit, or an extent or degree not to be exceeded: to know no measure.
- reasonable bounds or limits: to know no measure.
- a legislative bill or enactment: The senate passed the new measure.
- Usually, measures. actions or procedures intended as a means to an end: to take measures to avert suspicion.
- a short rhythmical movement or arrangement, as in poetry or music.
- a particular kind of such arrangement.
- the music contained between two bar lines;
- a metrical unit.
- an air or melody.
- a slow, dignified dance.
- Print. the width, measured in ems or picas, to which a column or page of printed matter is set.
- measures, Geol. beds;
- Math. an abstraction of the property of length;
a set function assigning to each set of a collection of sets a value, usu. having the properties of sigma finiteness and fnite additivity, the functional value of the whole collection being greater than zero.
- beyond measure, too much to be reckoned;
extremely: The suffering that they endured was beyond measure.
- for good measure, as an extra: In addition to dessert, they served chocolates for good measure.
- have or take someone's measure, to judge or assess someone's character, capabilities, etc.;
size up: During their conversation she was taking his measure as a prospective employee.
- in a or some measure, to some extent or degree: His conclusion is justified in some measure.
- to ascertain the extent, dimensions, quantity, capacity, etc., of, esp. by comparison with a standard: to measure boundaries.
- to mark off or deal out by way of measurement (often fol. by off or out ): to measure out two cups of flour.
- to estimate the relative amount, value, etc., of, by comparison with some standard: to measure the importance of an issue.
- to judge or appraise by comparison with something or someone else: to measure Corneille against Racine.
- to serve as the measure of: Her sacrifices measure the degree of her love.
- to adjust or proportion: to measure a portion to one's liking.
- to bring into comparison or competition: to measure one's strength with another's.
- to travel over;
traverse: to measure a room with great strides.
- to take measurements.
- to admit of measurement.
- to be of a specified measure.
- measure one's length, to fall or be knocked down;
fall flat: He missed a step in the dark and measured his length at the bottom.
- measure swords:
- to test one's preparedness for a contest or encounter.
- to battle with swords.
- to fight, compete, etc.: The producer of the poorly reviewed show decided to measure swords with the critics.
- measure up,
- to reach a certain standard: The exhibition didn't measure up to last year's.
- to be capable or qualified: As an administrator, he couldn't quite measure up.
Verticalver•ti•cal (vûr′ti kəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- being in a position or direction perpendicular to the plane of the horizon;
- of, pertaining to, or situated at the vertex.
- of or pertaining to the cranial vertex.
- (of a leaf ) having the blade in a perpendicular plane, so that neither of the surfaces can be called upper or lower.
- being in the same direction as the axis;
- of, constituting, or resulting in vertical combination.
- of or pertaining to a product or service from initial planning to sale.
- of, pertaining to, or noting a stratified society, nation, etc.
ver′ti•cal′i•ty, ver′ti•cal•ness, ver′ti•cal•ism, n.
- something vertical, as a line or plane.
- a vertical or upright position.
- a vertical structural member in a truss.
Blindsblind (blīnd),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, v., n., adv.
- unable to see;
lacking the sense of sight;
sightless: a blind man.
- unwilling or unable to perceive or understand: They were blind to their children's faults. He was blind to all arguments.
- not characterized or determined by reason or control: blind tenacity; blind chance.
- not having or based on reason or intelligence;
absolute and unquestioning: She had blind faith in his fidelity.
- lacking all consciousness or awareness: a blind stupor.
- hard to see or understand: blind reasoning.
- hidden from immediate view, esp. from oncoming motorists: a blind corner.
- of concealed or undisclosed identity;
sponsored anonymously: a blind ad signed only with a box number.
- having no outlets;
closed at one end: a blind passage; a blind mountain pass.
- (of an archway, arcade, etc.) having no windows, passageways, or the like.
- dense enough to form a screen: a blind hedge of privet.
- done without seeing;
by instruments alone: blind flying.
- made without some prior knowledge: a blind purchase; a blind lead in a card game.
- of or pertaining to an experimental design that prevents investigators or subjects from knowing the hypotheses or conditions being tested.
- of, pertaining to, or for blind persons.
- [Bookbinding.](of a design, title, or the like) impressed into the cover or spine of a book by a die without ink or foil.
- [Cookery.](of pastry shells) baked or fried without the filling.
- (of a rivet or other fastener) made so that the end inserted, though inaccessible, can be headed or spread.
- to make sightless permanently, temporarily, or momentarily, as by injuring, dazzling, bandaging the eyes, etc.: The explosion blinded him. We were blinded by the bright lights.
- to make obscure or dark: The room was blinded by heavy curtains.
- to deprive of discernment, reason, or judgment: a resentment that blinds his good sense.
- to outshine;
eclipse: a radiance that doth blind the sun.
- something that obstructs vision, as a blinker for a horse.
- a window covering having horizontal or vertical slats that can be drawn out of the way, often with the angle of the slats adjustable to admit varying amounts of light.
- See Venetian blind.
- [Chiefly Midland U.S. and Brit.]See window shade.
- a lightly built structure of brush or other growths, esp. one in which hunters conceal themselves.
- an activity, organization, or the like for concealing or masking action or purpose;
subterfuge: The store was just a blind for their gambling operation.
- a decoy.
- a bout of excessive drinking;
- [Poker.]a compulsory bet made without prior knowledge of one's hand.
- (used with a pl. v.) persons who lack the sense of sight (usually preceded by the): The blind are said to have an acute sense of hearing.
- into a stupor;
to the degree at which consciousness is lost: He drank himself blind.
- without the ability to see clearly;
blindly: They were driving blind through the snowstorm.
- without guidance or forethought: They were working blind and couldn't anticipate the effects of their actions.
- to an extreme or absolute degree;
completely: The confidence men cheated her blind.
Imagesim•age (im′ij),USA pronunciation n., v., -aged, -ag•ing.
- a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.
- an optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface.
- a mental representation;
- a mental representation of something previously perceived, in the absence of the original stimulus.
semblance: We are all created in God's image.
copy: That child is the image of his mother.
- a symbol;
- the general or public perception of a company, public figure, etc., esp. as achieved by careful calculation aimed at creating widespread goodwill.
- a type;
embodiment: Red-faced and angry, he was the image of frustration.
- a description of something in speech or writing: Keats created some of the most beautiful images in the language.
- a figure of speech, esp. a metaphor or a simile.
- an idol or representation of a deity: They knelt down before graven images.
- the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.
- [Archaic.]an illusion or apparition.
- to picture or represent in the mind;
- to make an image of;
portray in sculpture, painting, etc.
- to project (photographs, film, etc.) on a surface: Familiar scenes were imaged on the screen.
- to reflect the likeness of;
- to set forth in speech or writing;
- to symbolize;
- to resemble.
- [Informal.]to create an image for (a company, public figure, etc.): The candidate had to be imaged before being put on the campaign trail.
- to transform (data) into an exact replica in a different form, as changing digital data to pixels for display on a CRT or representing a medical scan of a body part in digital form.
Howdy guys, this blog post is about Measuring Vertical Blinds Images #2 Parchment. This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1117 x 1490. It's file size is just 83 KB. Wether You decided to download This attachment to Your PC, you may Click here. You also also download more attachments by clicking the picture below or read more at here: Measuring Vertical Blinds.
Among the items that specify the sweetness of the Measuring Vertical Blinds Images #2 Parchment may be the room's style. One of the subjects that people should attempt will be the bohemian style. Even though the Bohemian empire has long been extinct, the planet area in this style's tastes still have not passed. Especially if you combine a minimalist-style that's easy and it together, but nonetheless cross eyed.
This can be it, idea bedroom decoration minimalist-style Bohemian. Basic steps to execute nan chic is to display your finishing touches. Rings, bracelets, earrings and scarves are often saved in a container, wear it a hook. It may be available or about the wall hook. Picture flowered or national motifs in radiant colors could make your space instantly boho and attractive.
Not all things Measuring Vertical Blinds Images #2 Parchment inside the group. Bohemian style bedroom is not the same as decorating fashion pleasing teenageris room. Bohemian desire feminism and strong European racial identity. Do not forget to put one or two potted flowers that are indoor while in the room. Bloom might expire. But, it would be better if live plants are used by you as a tongue- inlaw holding or holding flowers.