Drawdraw (drô),USA pronunciation v., drew, drawn, draw•ing, n.
- to cause to move in a particular direction by or as if by a pulling force;
drag (often fol. by along, away, in, out, or off).
- to bring, take, or pull out, as from a receptacle or source: to draw water from a well.
- to bring toward oneself or itself, as by inherent force or influence;
attract: The concert drew a large audience.
- to sketch (someone or something) in lines or words;
depict: to draw a vase with charcoal; to draw the comedy's characters with skill.
- to compose or create (a picture) in lines.
- to mark or lay out;
trace: to draw perpendicular lines.
- to frame or formulate: to draw a distinction.
- to write out in legal form (sometimes fol. by up): Draw up the contract.
- to inhale or suck in: to draw liquid through a straw.
- to derive or use, as from a source: to draw inspiration from Shakespeare.
- to deduce;
infer: to draw a conclusion.
- to get, take, or receive, as from a source: to draw interest on a savings account; to draw a salary of $600 a week.
- to withdraw funds from a drawing account, esp. against future commissions on sales.
- to produce;
bring in: The deposits draw interest.
- to disembowel: to draw a turkey.
- to drain: to draw a pond.
- to pull out to full or greater length;
make by attenuating;
stretch: to draw filaments of molten glass.
- to bend (a bow) by pulling back its string in preparation for shooting an arrow.
- to choose or to have assigned to one at random, by or as by picking an unseen number, item, etc.: Let's draw straws to see who has to wash the car.
- to form or reduce the sectional area of (a wire, tube, etc.) by pulling through a die.
- to wrinkle or shrink by contraction.
- to cause to discharge: to draw an abscess by a poultice.
- to obtain (rations, clothing, equipment, weapons, or ammunition) from an issuing agency, as an army quartermaster.
- (of a vessel) to need (a specific depth of water) to float: She draws six feet.
- to leave (a contest) undecided;
finish with neither side winning, as in a tie.
- to take or be dealt (a card or cards) from the pack.
- [Bridge.]to remove the outstanding cards in (a given suit) by leading that suit: He had to draw spades first in order to make the contract.
- [Billiards.]to cause (a cue ball) to recoil after impact by giving it a backward spin on the stroke.
- [Northeastern U.S.](chiefly New Eng.). to haul;
- [Hunting.]to search (a covert) for game.
- [Cricket.]to play (a ball) with a bat held at an angle in order to deflect the ball between the wicket and the legs.
- [Curling.]to slide (the stone) gently.
- to steep (tea) in boiling water.
- to form or shape (glass) as it comes from the furnace by stretching.
- to exert a pulling, moving, or attracting force: A sail draws by being properly trimmed and filled with wind.
- to move or pass, esp. slowly or continuously, as under a pulling force (often fol. by on, off, out, etc.): The day draws near.
- to take out a sword, pistol, etc., for action.
- to hold a drawing, lottery, or the like: to draw for prizes.
- to sketch or to trace figures;
create a picture or depict by sketching.
- to be skilled in or practice the art of sketching: I can't paint, but I can draw.
- to shrink or contract (often fol. by up).
- to make a demand (usually fol. by on or upon): to draw on one's imagination.
- to act as an irritant;
- to cause blood, pus, or the like to gather at a specific point.
- to produce or permit a draft, as a pipe or flue.
- to leave a contest undecided;
- [Hunting.](of a hound)
- to search a covert for game.
- to follow a game animal by its scent.
- to attract customers, an audience, etc.: Our newspaper advertisement drew very well.
- to pull back the string of a bow in preparation for shooting an arrow.
- draw ahead:
- to gradually pass something moving in the same direction.
- [Naut.](of the wind) to blow from a direction closer to that in which a vessel is moving;
haul forward. Cf. veer1 (def. 2b).
- draw away:
- to move or begin to move away: He drew his hand away from the hot stove.
- to move farther ahead: The lead runner gradually drew away from his competitor.
- draw down, to deplete or be depleted through use or consumption: to draw down crude-oil supplies.
- draw in:
- to cause to take part or enter, esp. unwittingly: I heard them debating the point, but I avoided being drawn in.
- to make a rough sketch of: to draw in a person's figure against the landscape background.
- draw off, to move back or away.
- draw on:
- to come nearer;
approach: He sensed winter drawing on.
- to clothe oneself in: She drew on her cape and gloves.
- [Naut.](of a vessel) to gain on (another vessel).
- to utilize or make use of, esp. as a source: The biography has drawn heavily on personal interviews.
- draw oneself up, to assume an erect posture.
- draw out:
- to pull out;
- to prolong;
- to persuade to speak: You'll find she's quite interesting if you take the trouble to draw her out.
- [Naut.](of a vessel) to move away from (sometimes fol. by from): The boat drew out from the wharf.
- to take (money) from a place of deposit: She drew her money out of the bank and invested it in bonds.
- draw up:
- to devise or formulate;
draft, esp. in legal form or as a formal proposal: to draw up a will.
- to put into position;
arrange in order or formation: The officer drew up his men.
- to bring or come to a stop;
halt: Their car drew up at the curb.
- an act of drawing.
- something that attracts customers, an audience, etc.
- something that is moved by being drawn, as the movable part of a drawbridge.
- something that is chosen or drawn at random, as a lot or chance.
- drawing (defs. 5, 6).
- a contest that ends in a tie;
an undecided contest.
- Also called draw play. [Football.]a play in which the quarterback fades as if to pass and then hands the ball to a back, usually the fullback, who is running toward the line of scrimmage.
- a card or cards taken or dealt from the pack.
- See draw poker.
- [Physical Geog.]
- a small, natural drainageway with a shallow bed;
- the dry bed of a stream.
- [Chiefly Western U.S.]a coulee;
- the pull necessary to draw a bow to its full extent.
- an amount regularly drawn, as from a drawing account.
- a fund, as an expense account or credit line, from which money may be withdrawn when needed.
- [Horol.]the tendency of a tooth of an escape wheel to force toward the center of the wheel a pallet engaging with it.
- beat to the draw, to react quicker than an opponent.
- luck of the draw. See luck (def. 7).
Frontfront (frunt),USA pronunciation n.
- the foremost part or surface of anything.
- the part or side of anything that faces forward: the front of a jacket.
- the part or side of anything, as a building, that seems to look out or to be directed forward: He sat in the front of the restaurant.
- any side or face, as of a building.
- a façade, considered with respect to its architectural treatment or material: a cast-iron front.
- a property line along a street or the like: a fifty-foot front.
- a place or position directly before anything: We decided to plant trees in the front.
- a position of leadership in a particular endeavor or field: She rose to the front of her profession.
- the foremost line or part of an army.
- a line of battle.
- the place where combat operations are carried on.
- an area of activity, conflict, or competition: news from the business front.
- land facing a road, river, etc.
- a promenade along a seashore.
- a distinguished person listed as an official of an organization, for the sake of prestige, and who is usually inactive.
- a person or thing that serves as a cover or disguise for some other activity, esp. one of a secret, disreputable, or illegal nature;
a blind: The store was a front for foreign agents.
- outward impression of rank, position, or wealth.
- bearing or demeanor in confronting anything: a calm front.
self-importance: That clerk has the most outrageous front.
- the forehead, or the entire face: the statue's gracefully chiseled front.
- a coalition or movement to achieve a particular end, usually political: the people's front.
- something attached or worn at the breast, as a shirt front or a dickey: to spill gravy down one's front.
- an interface or zone of transition between two dissimilar air masses.
- the auditorium.
- the business offices of a theater.
- the front of the stage;
- in front, in a forward place or position: Sit down, you in front!
- in front of:
- ahead of: to walk in front of a moving crowd.
- outside the entrance of: to wait in front of a house.
- in the presence of: to behave badly in front of company.
- out front:
- outside the entrance: He's waiting out front.
- ahead of competitors: This advertising campaign ought to put our business way out front.
- [Theat.]in the audience or auditorium.
frankly: Say what you mean out front.
- up front:
- in advance;
before anything else: You'll have to make a payment of $5,000 up front.
direct: I want you to be up front with me.
- of or pertaining to the front.
- situated in or at the front: front seats.
- (of a speech sound) articulated with the tongue blade relatively far forward in the mouth, as the sounds of lay.
- to have the front toward;
face: Our house fronts the lake.
- to meet face to face;
- to face in opposition, hostility, or defiance.
- to furnish or supply a front to: to front a building with sandstone.
- to serve as a front to: A long, sloping lawn fronted their house.
- to provide an introduction to;
introduce: a recorded message that is fronted with a singing commercial.
- to lead (a jazz or dance band).
- to articulate (a speech sound) at a position farther front in the mouth.
- to move (a constituent) to the beginning of a clause or sentence.
- to have or turn the front in some specified direction: Our house fronts on the lake.
- to serve as a cover or disguise for another activity, esp. something of a disreputable or illegal nature: The shop fronts for a narcotics ring.
- (used to call or command someone to come, look, etc., to the front, as in an order to troops on parade or in calling a hotel bellboy to the front desk): Front and center, on the double!
Fixfix (fiks),USA pronunciation v., fixed or fixt, fix•ing, n.
- to repair;
- to put in order or in good condition;
adjust or arrrange: She fixed her hair in a bun.
- to make fast, firm, or stable.
- to place definitely and more or less permanently: to fix a circus poster to a wall.
- to settle definitely;
determine: to fix a price.
- to direct (the eyes, the attention, etc.) steadily: His eyes were fixed on the distant ship.
- to attract and hold (the eye, the attention, etc.).
- to make set or rigid.
- to put into permanent form.
- to put or place (responsibility, blame, etc.) on a person.
- to assign or refer to a definite place, time, etc.
- to provide or supply with (something needed or wanted): How are you fixed for money?
- to arrange or influence the outcome or action of, esp. privately or dishonestly: to fix a jury; to fix a game.
- to get (a meal);
prepare (food): What time shall I fix supper?
- to put in a condition or position to make no further trouble.
- to get even with;
get revenge upon: I'll fix him!
- to castrate or spay (an animal, esp. a pet).
- to make stable in consistency or condition;
reduce from fluidity or volatility to a more stable state.
- to convert atmospheric nitrogen into a useful compound, as a nitrate fertilizer.
- to render (an image) permanent by removing light-sensitive silver halides.
- [Microscopy.]to kill, make rigid, and preserve for microscopic study.
- to become fixed.
- to become set;
assume a rigid or solid form.
- to become stable or permanent.
- to settle down.
- to inject oneself with a narcotic.
- [Chiefly Southern U.S.]to prepare;
plan (usually fol. by an infinitive): I was just fixing to call you. We're fixing to go to Colorado this summer.
- fix on or upon, to decide on;
determine: We won't be able to fix on a location for the banquet until we know the number of guests.
- fix one's wagon, to exact retribution for an offense;
treat someone vengefully: I'll dock his pay and that will fix his wagon.
- fix up:
- to arrange for: to fix up a date.
- to provide with;
- to repair;
- to smooth over;
solve: They weren't able to fix up their differences.
- a position from which it is difficult to escape;
- a repair, adjustment, or solution, usually of an immediate nature: Can you think of a fix for the problem?
- a charted position of a vessel or aircraft, determined by two or more bearings taken on landmarks, heavenly bod-ies, etc.
- the determining of the position of a ship, plane, etc., by mathematical, electronic, or other means: The navigator took a fix on the sun and steered the ship due north.
- a clear determination: Can you get a fix on what he really means?
- an injection of heroin or other narcotic.
- the narcotic or amount of narcotic injected.
- a compulsively sought dose or infusion of something: to need one's daily fix of soap operas on TV.
- an underhand or illegal arrangement, esp. one secured through bribery or influence.
- a contest, situation, etc., whose outcome is prearranged dishonestly.
- in a fix, [Older Slang.]pregnant.
Componentcom•po•nent (kəm pō′nənt, kom-),USA pronunciation n.
- a constituent part; element;
- a part of a mechanical or electrical system: hi-fi components.
- the projection of a vector quantity, as force or velocity, along an axis.
- [Physical Chem.]one of the set of the minimum number of chemical constituents by which every phase of a given system can be described.
- a connected subset of a set, not contained in any other connected subset of the set.
- a coordinate of a vector.
- one of the major subdivisions of a generative grammar: base component; semantic component; phonological component.Cf. level (def. 17).
- a feature determined by componential analysis.
- being or serving as an element (in something larger);
constituent: the component parts of a computer system.
Hi peoples, this picture is about Draw Front Fix Component Ni Pl ( How To Fix A Kitchen Drawer Front #5). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 653 x 653. This photo's file size is only 32 KB. If You decided to save It to Your PC, you have to Click here. You may too see more pictures by clicking the following image or see more at this article: How To Fix A Kitchen Drawer Front.
The house typically has a unique persona. Likewise using the pad are situated in the united kingdom. Don't want to adjust the design of the building is a lot of, Draw Front Fix Component Ni Pl ( How To Fix A Kitchen Drawer Front #5) patterns and traditional bungalow compete.
The bungalow was built-in the 18th-century and is currently at night stage of redevelopment. In the place of trying to mimic the cottage's kind, Alex E made a decision to assemble one more kitchen design that preserve the type of the property and will minimize the structural change of the whole lodge.
Never requested an outcome, lovely! So that you can take care of the building's personality, Kitchen's custom Alex Saint Architecture putting a home design independent of the primary building. The end result? Stunning! Yes, a pad operating out of Chelshire, great britain could be the building under consideration.